Why do my messages go to the Spam folder?

Why are my emails going to the Spam folder in Gmail, even though my message score is 10/10 in mail-tester.com? Most of my subscribers are Gmail users. I am sending emails slowly and cautiously, using Mailwizz set up on my server with several IPs. Is there any advice you can offer to help me resolve this issue?

It seems that despite your cautious approach and having a perfect message score on mail-tester.com, your emails are still ending up in the Spam folder for Gmail users. This can be frustrating, but there are a few factors that could be contributing to this issue.

Firstly, it’s important to note that Gmail uses a complex algorithm to determine whether an email is spam or not. This algorithm takes into account various factors such as the content of the email, the reputation of the sending IP address, and the engagement of the recipient with similar emails. While your message score may be perfect, there could still be other elements that Gmail’s algorithm is flagging as suspicious.

One possible reason could be the IP warming process. Even if you’re gradually increasing the number of emails sent each day, it can still take some time for the IPs to establish a good reputation. It’s important to continue sending emails slowly and monitor the delivery and engagement rates to help build trust with Gmail’s algorithm.

Another factor could be the content and structure of your emails. Even with a perfect message score, there might be certain keywords or phrases that Gmail’s algorithm associates with spam. Review the content of your emails and make sure they are personalized, relevant, and not overly promotional. Avoid using excessive link or image-heavy templates that can trigger spam filters.

Additionally, consider the engagement of your subscribers. If a large percentage of your emails are going unopened or marked as spam, it can negatively impact your deliverability. Encourage your subscribers to add you to their contacts, reply to your emails, or move your messages from the Spam folder to the inbox. This kind of positive interaction can help improve your sender reputation.

Lastly, it’s a good idea to regularly monitor the email deliverability and inbox placement rates for your campaigns. You can use tools like EmailAnalytics or GlockApps to gain insights into how your emails are being delivered and whether they are being flagged as spam.

Remember, improving email deliverability is an ongoing process, and it may take time to see significant changes. By continuing to monitor, test, and adjust your email sending practices, you can gradually improve your chances of landing in the inbox instead of the spam folder.

There could be several reasons why your messages are going to the spam folder for Gmail users, even though your message score is 10/10 in mail-tester.com. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. Lack of engagement: If your subscribers are not opening or interacting with your emails, Gmail may see them as unimportant or unwanted content, leading to them being filtered into the spam folder.

2. IP reputation: Despite your cautious approach in warming up your IPs, it is possible that one or more of your IP addresses have a poor reputation, which can trigger Gmail’s spam filters.

3. Content issues: While your message score is good, there may be certain elements in your email content that Gmail’s algorithm is flagging as potential spam. This could include excessive use of promotional language, large images, or suspicious links.

4. Subscriber complaints: If some of your subscribers are marking your emails as spam, either by mistake or because they no longer want to receive them, it can negatively impact your deliverability to Gmail.

To improve deliverability and ensure your emails land in the inbox instead of the spam folder, consider implementing the following strategies:

1. Focus on engagement: Make your emails relevant, interesting, and personalized to encourage recipients to open, read, and interact with them. Regularly clean your subscriber list by removing inactive or unengaged subscribers.

2. Monitor IP reputation: Use tools like SenderScore or Talos Intelligence to track the reputation of your sending IPs. If any IPs have a poor reputation, contact your email service provider to address the issue.

3. Optimize email content: Avoid using spam-triggering language, excessive capitalization, or too many exclamation marks. Use a good balance of text and images, and ensure your emails are properly formatted and coded.

4. Handle complaints promptly: Provide an easy unsubscribe option and honor unsubscribe requests promptly. Monitor and investigate any complaints to identify and address potential issues.

Additionally, consider authenticating your emails using Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) to improve your email deliverability.

Remember that improving deliverability is an ongoing process, and it may take time to see results. Monitoring your email metrics and making adjustments accordingly will help you optimize your email delivery to Gmail users.