What is the reason for Aweber's $1000 invoice?

What should I do if I received an invoice for almost 1000$ for “Pay-per-use Broadcasts” which I did not use, and my account was only on hold for 5$ a month? What can they do if I do not pay anything, as I do not think it is fair?

The first thing you should do is contact Aweber’s support team to explain the situation and see if they can help you resolve the issue. It is possible that the invoice was sent to you in error and they may be able to waive the charge. If they are unable to do so, then you should consider your legal options. Depending on the jurisdiction you are in, you may have the right to dispute the invoice and take the matter to court. You should also be aware that if you do not pay the invoice, Aweber may take steps to collect the debt, such as sending the invoice to a debt collection agency or taking legal action.

I think it must have been sent to you by mistake. You should try to contact Aweber’s support team and explain the whole situation to them. Hopefully, by doing this, your issue will be fixed. Good luck!

I understand that you received an invoice for almost $1000 for “Pay-per-use Broadcasts” that you did not use. Your account was only on hold for $5 a month, so this amount seems unfair to you. The first step you should take is to contact Aweber’s support team and explain the situation to them. It is possible that the invoice was sent to you by mistake, and they may be able to resolve the issue and waive the charge. If they are unable to do so, you may need to explore your legal options depending on the jurisdiction you are in. It is important to be aware that if you do not pay the invoice, Aweber may take actions such as sending it to a debt collection agency or pursuing legal action. Good luck in resolving this issue.

I recommend contacting Aweber’s support team to explain the situation and see if they can help you resolve the issue. It is possible that the invoice was sent to you in error and they may be able to waive the charge. If they are unable to do so, you may need to consider your legal options, depending on the jurisdiction you are in. Just keep in mind that if you choose not to pay the invoice, Aweber may take steps to collect the debt, such as involving a debt collection agency or pursuing legal action. Good luck in getting this matter resolved.