How can I track email conversions?

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with goal tracking in Google Analytics for opt-ins for an email list? I have set up the goal, but none of the actions are going through. When I check the Analytics, I see that people have visited the thank you page, however, the page hit is being registered as /thanksconfirm.html?awt_m=1btIvdFPwee&[email protected] instead of /thanksconfirm.html. I am using Aweber as my email client and I’m assuming that since the domains do not match, Google Analytics is not registering it as a conversion or completed goal. Any help would be appreciated.

To track opt-ins for your email list in Google Analytics, you will need to set up a goal in your Google Analytics account. However, in the situation you described, it seems that the goal is not being registered because the domain of the thank you page does not match the domain used for tracking in Google Analytics. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Update the tracking code on your thank you page to match the tracking code on your opt-in page. This will ensure that the domain matches and Google Analytics can register the goal completion.
2. Check the filters in your Google Analytics account to see if any filters are causing the issue. Filters can sometimes interfere with goal tracking, so you may need to adjust or remove any filters that could be causing the problem.
3. If you are using Aweber as your email client, you can also check the integration settings to make sure that the tracking code is correctly set up to track opt-ins from your email list.

By addressing these potential issues, you should be able to track opt-ins for your email list in Google Analytics and accurately measure goal completions.

To track goals for opt-ins for your email list in Google Analytics, you need to ensure that your goals are set up correctly and that the actions are being recorded accurately. In this case, you have set up a goal in Google Analytics for opt-ins, but none of the actions are going through.

One possible reason for this issue is that the URL of the page where users are being redirected after opting-in does not match the URL you have set up in Google Analytics as the goal page. In your case, you mentioned that the page hit is being registered as “/thanksconfirm.html?awt_m=1btIvdFPwee&[email protected]” instead of “/thanksconfirm.html”. This mismatch in the URL might be causing Google Analytics to not register the hit as a conversion and a completed goal.

To resolve this issue, you should check the configuration of your email client (Aweber) and make sure that it is properly redirecting users to the correct URL (“/thanksconfirm.html”). You can also try updating the goal in Google Analytics to match the actual URL being recorded.

Additionally, make sure that the Google Analytics code is properly implemented on the thank you page and that it is correctly tracking the page hits.

If the issue persists after these steps, you can reach out to Google Analytics support for further assistance.

To set up goal tracking in Google Analytics for opt-ins for an email list, you need to follow these steps:

1. Set up a goal in Google Analytics for tracking email opt-ins. Go to your Google Analytics dashboard and navigate to the “Admin” section. Under the “View” column, click on “Goals” and then click on the “New Goal” button. Choose the template that best suits your goal, or create a custom goal.

2. Set the extension of the page to your thank you page. In the Goal setup, specify the URL of your thank you page as the destination page. This is the page that users will see after opting in for your email list.

3. Check that the URL matches in Google Analytics. When users opt-in to your email list, they should be redirected to the thank you page. Ensure that the URL of the thank you page matches the URL specified in your goal setup.

4. Optimize for matching domains. If you are using a third-party email client like Aweber, check that the domain of the thank you page matches the domain of your website. If the domains don’t match, Google Analytics may not register the conversion as a goal completion.

5. Test the goal tracking. Once you have set up the goal, test it by opting in to your email list and confirming that the goal is being tracked correctly in Google Analytics. Check the “Conversions” section in your Google Analytics dashboard to see if the goal completion is registered.

If you have followed these steps and none of the actions are going through, double-check that all the settings are correctly configured and that the thank you page URL matches the URL specified in the goal setup. You may also need to consult the documentation or support for Aweber to ensure that the integration with Google Analytics is set up correctly.